The N.C. Council for Women's mission is to advise the Governor, the North Carolina legislature and state departments on the issues impacting women in North Carolina by:
- Raising awareness of the impact of violence against women and directing available resources to serve victims in communities across the State. Collecting and distributing information about the status of women in North Carolina.
- Acting as a resource for local and regional Councils//Commissions for Women.
- Collaborating with other groups and individuals working on behalf of women.
- Assuring that necessary services, policies and programs are provided to those in need and strengthening existing programs.
- Reviewing applications, awarding grants and monitoring programs providing self-sufficiency development for women and families in transition.