Frequently Asked Questions

What kinds of statistics are available from CFW?

Data collected from programs funded or certified by CFW (Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Displaced Homemakers and Abuser Treatment Programs) provide the basis for our statistics. We only provide statistics from these programs.

I need an attorney. Who do I call?

For legal assistance, call the NC Bar Association Lawyer Referral toll-free telephone number, 1-800-662-7660. You can also call the Legal Aid of NC’s toll-free telephone number 1-866-369-6923 and you will be referred to a Legal Aid office in your region.

Who do I call if I have a concern about services received from a program funded by the CFW?

Your first contact should be to the Executive Director of the program. If you are not satisfied with the response then you should contact the program’s Board Chair. If you still have concerns, contact our agency by calling our toll-free telephone number, 1-877-502-9898.

I’d like to volunteer at a local program for Displaced Homemakers, Sexual Assault or Domestic Violence. Where do I call?

Please refer to the state map on our website, click on the appropriate region and a directory of local programs will appear with contact information.

What services do you provide for victims?

Our agency funds programs that provide the direct services for clients.

If my program receives Domestic Violence funds, is the program eligible to receive marriage license fees?

Each eligible domestic violence grantee is eligible to receive marriage license fees.

If my program receives Displaced Homemaker funds, is the program eligible to receive divorce filing fees?

Each eligible Displaced Homemaker program grantee is eligible to receive divorce filing fees.

How will the grant funds be disbursed?

The Domestic Violence and Marriage License Fees will be issued on a quarterly basis. The Sexual Assault funds will be issued on a quarterly basis. The Divorce Filing Fees will be issued on a quarterly basis. The Displaced Homemaker funds are issued once the contract has been submitted and processed as a “one time” issuance.

When are the monthly reports due?

ALL monthly reports are due by the 15th of the month. If the 15th falls on a weekend…the report is due the next business day.

Can I fax a document to the grants staff?

Faxed documents will not be accepted by grants staff.

May I send Certified Mail to the NC CFW address?

NC CFW does not have the ability to receive certified mail. ALL US mail submitted to NC CFW is sent to the Mail Service Center for distribution via mail service center staff. NC CFW strongly recommends the use of FedEx or UPS if submitting documents that require immediate attention in an effort to ensure receipt of documents.